Tuesday 17 April 2007

So Close but So Far!


’T is better to have fought and lost, than never to have fought at all…. and all that Jazz"

On Saturday at the GC meeting I was not selected to be one of the final 6 candidates. I am of course disappointed but can now start to get my life back together! I would like to thank all the people who supported me. I would never have got as far as I did without their enthusiastic help and encouragement.

There are now 6 excellent candidates for the Bethnal Green & Bow membership to choose from on the 28 April 2007. Good luck to all of them.
The most important thing is that a Labour Party MP is elected for Bethnal Green & Bow next time.

I have learnt a lot during the past few months and even though things didn’t work out the way I hoped this time. I will consider contesting all possible future selection processes.

Once again, many thanks not only to my supporters but to the many members who gave me time and space to talk to them about their issues, about my ideas and about my politics. It was (mostly!) a pleasure and an absolute privilege.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

See the film SHOOT ON SIGHT _ to be released on July 25th, 2008 in UK - discussed attitudes and difficulties faced by Muslims in foreign countries.
www.shootonsightthemovie.com

Anonymous said...

Well do not go to foreign countries stay in the UK.

Anonymous said...

Is this the same person?

http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=60550