Saturday 31 March 2007

Whitechapel update - Bethnal Green & Bow



Second to last branch selection meeting. At the very Tower Hamlets "Berner Estate Clubroom". There was a very different atmosphere today amongst candidates "lobbying" outside and local members coming to vote. People were very tense and serious. There was about 30 odd non ward members outside talking about the merits of various candidates. I thought that candidates, branch members and "observers" were on edge (this includes me!), calculating who was there, who hadn't turned up, why hadn't they? Would they honour their pledges????

I did not get this nomination (I think I know why) however, the level of support was pleasing and I look forward to the GC shortlisting process.

1 comment:

Ayub Korom ALI said...

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for your comments. However, I have "rejected" your remarks since I do not think it is appropriate to publish swear words etc on this post (or any post come to think of it!). Hope you reconsider your views?